Monday, December 17, 2018

R.I.P. Penny Marshall

"If in Heaven, we don't meet,
Hand in hand, we'll bear the heat.
And if it ever gets too hot,
Pepsi Cola hits the spot."


Laverne & Shirley was one of my favorite shows growing up.  My best friend's name started with an "S", and mine starts with an "L", so naturally we considered ourselves a NY-version of the Milwaukee besties.  I even had a white shirt with a script "L" on it, just like Laverne's, and yes, we once drank Milk & Pepsi just to see what all the fuss was about (it tasted kind of like chocolate milk, but it was...not good).

Of course, Penny went on to become an accomplished director (A League of Their Own and Big were two of my favorites), in addition to her memorable acting roles.   Rest in Peace, Penny Marshall.



No comments: