Wednesday, November 8, 2017

REVIEW: PB & J Oreos

I've known about these Peanut Butter & Jelly Oreos for awhile now, but haven't been able to find them anywhere. That's because they're only available at Kroger stores, and I don't have one anywhere near me. 

I kept hoping I'd stumble upon them somewhere, but alas--I had to end up ordering them through Amazon.  Here's a link, if you're inclined to do the same.

The only down side is that they were more expensive than I'm used to paying--that link above is for only one package, and it's around $11.  If you trust me that you're going to love these, then go ahead and use THIS link on Amazon, to order two packages for $13.

And YES, you'll be glad you did.

This is one of my favorite Limited Edition flavors thus far, and I'm not even a huge fan of PB&J.  One of the things I look for is how authentic the flavor is--how close it comes to what it's supposed to taste like--and the balance between that flavor and the rest of the cookie.   These were pretty darn near perfect.  I wanted a little more jelly flavor in the first one I tried, but my husband said he'd prefer a touch more peanut butter, so I think it depends on which cookie you grab first.  Overall, I think the ratio is just right. 

The other criteria that I use for whether or not these Limited Edition flavors are worth purchasing is whether or not the flavor they're imitating can be achieved just as easily, or almost as easily, if you go ahead and make the real thing.  For example: Blueberry Pie Oreos are really good, and it's much easier to rip open a package of Oreos than to bake an entire pie. You could also purchase a pre-made pie, but the calories in a slice of pie would be higher than in the Oreos, so I would still prefer to go that route.

While I'm all too familiar with how easy it is to make a PB&J sandwich--it's what I pack for my picky-eater's lunch nearly every single day of the week--I think these Oreos meet the "easier than the real thing" criteria quite nicely.  You get a very similar flavor profile, but without having to actually make a sandwich--count me in!

Final grade: A

No comments: