Monday, March 21, 2016

Expired

Reminder: no matter how clean and busy your supermarket appears to be, ALWAYS check the dates on your groceries while you shop.

I just got back from my local grocery store, a new supermarket that recently opened after the old one went bankrupt, and found this:



Supposedly, all of the old merchandise was fully inventoried when the store was purchased last Fall, so there's really no excuse for this kind of negligence.  And yet, I see it time and again, in every grocery store I shop in.   I can't even count the number of times I have found expired dairy products, meat that's two days past its sell by, tins of oatmeal that belong in the trash bin--you name it. From frequently-used perishables to shelf-stable canned goods, no section of the store is immune.

Buyer beware!


No comments: