Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Toasted Coconut Oreos: Folks, we have a WINNER

I have been searching EVERYWHERE for these Toasted Coconut Oreos.  A couple of weeks ago, my daughter found them in Pennsylvania, but when I asked her to pick me up an extra bag, she went back to the store and they were sold out.

Fortunately, her willpower is a lot stronger than her mother's because my daughter actually saved the rest of the bag she bought and brought the rest home for me to try. 

I will cut right to the chase: of all the "Limited Edition" Oreos I have tried, these are the best.

Hands down. No contest. Mic drop.

I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I have been so anti-vanilla cookie when it comes to Oreos, and I take it all back. The combo of the vanilla cookie with the toasted coconut center is perfect. The ratio of cream to cookie: perfect. And the flecks of toasted coconut?  JUST RIGHT.

When you take a bite, it actually takes a couple of seconds for the coconut flavor to come through--it's not overpowering or cloying, and it is instantly addictive.  

Then, I did my usual routine of splitting the cookie apart and eating just the cream--again, GLORIOUS. Not too sweet, and just the right amount of coconut. 

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go search these out online.  I still haven't been able to find them in stores, and I need these in my life. 





No comments: