Monday, April 16, 2018

A Souvenir from a Friend

My political views have always skewed Independent--I firmly believe in voting for the person, not necessarily any particular party--but there will always be a special place in my heart for Al Gore.  I have been following his political career since 1987, during my college days, and my good friends know that I will forever be a fan of his. Meeting him in person remains a quixotic dream, but one that refuses to die, even after more than 30 years.

My friend Helen and her husband have been on a bit of a quest of their own: visiting all of the Presidential libraries around the United States. They've been to quite a few already, and most recently, stopped at the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock, Arkansas.  Helen found this little memento in the gift shop, and sent it to me as a thoughtful surprise.

Thank you, dear Helen, for this wonderful treasure.

No comments: