Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wisdom from Rumi - Raise Your Words, Not Your Voice

I saw this saying posted by a friend, and had to share it.  I'm so tired of all the anger and hate that I'm seeing, not only in our world, but on all forms of social media. Just when I think the level of dialogue can't possibly get any lower, the bottom falls out.  We can't even seem to talk to one another anymore--it's all insults and memes and sound bites shared without regard to the impact it will have on others. I feel like we've all been dragged down into the gutter, and instead of trying to lift each other up--and out--we're just digging in and taking up residence there. The path to stopping this nonsense and moving forward starts with each one of us. Let's put aside the pettiness and start actually communicating with one another again.

No comments: