Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Leafblowers Should Not Run for More than 30 Minutes at a time

Most days, I work out of a home office.  I know how lucky I am to have that opportunity, especially after so many years spent commuting every single day. 

Nevertheless, the sirens and car horns and other noises of NYC would be a welcome respite to what I endure now: the constant drone of lawnmowers, particularly at this time of year.  I understand that the landscaper that maintains the properties around me is only doing his job, but I swear, he goes into some sort of a trance when he's got that leaf blower going.  He just shuffles along, swaying the blower from side to side slowly, for HOURS.  The noise is deafening--but, unlike myself, he's wearing huge headphones to drown out the sound.  Not exactly an option when I'm on conference calls or trying to go about my daily tasks.  

Dear Universe: someone needs to invent a leaf blowing machine that automatically shuts off after 1 hour of continuous use, and cannot be turned on again for at least 30 minutes after that.  My ears would be immensely grateful.  Thanks in advance.

No comments: