Saturday, March 26, 2016

RECIPE: Pappardelle with Wild Mushrooms

I've been trying out some new recipes lately, and when I find one that really stands out, I feel compelled to share it here on the blog.

This one: Wow.  SO GOOD.

If you like mushrooms, this one is a keeper.

The recipe is from Eataly: CLICK HERE TO VIEW IT.

Here's a photo of the batch that I made last Friday (using sliced mushrooms, a combo of fresh and rehydrated):


And here's a photo of the second batch I made tonight (chopped, fresh mushrooms):
A few tips:

-- The first time I made this recipe, I used a combo of fresh mushrooms and dried mushrooms that I soaked and rehydrated. I also sliced them, as directed in the recipe.  The second time, I used all fresh mushrooms, and I chopped them, which definitely made a difference in the consistency of the ragu.  If at all possible, use fresh mushrooms, and try to use a combo of at least three different kinds.  The second time, I used baby bella, shitake, oyster, and chanterelle, and I felt like the overall texture and consistency of the ragu was better. As far as taste, I had no preference, but my husband preferred the chopped version.

-- Don't forget to set aside some of the hot pasta water--I needed it both times, at least a half cup to 3/4 of a cup.



No comments: