Tuesday, March 29, 2016

No More Ads!

When I first started this blog in 2007, I made the decision not to put ads on the site. This blog is something I put out there just for me, not for money. 


Over the years, I've heard from other blogger friends who've told me I've been missing out, and that I should at least give it a try, as a means of earning extra income.  So, last month, I finally gave in and decided to click that little "Allow Google Ads" button on my dashboard, just to see if I really was missing out.  I promised myself I would try it for a month, and then make a decision.

It was a long month. 

I hated the way the ads looked. HATED IT. I know they work for some people, but they just weren't for me. 

So, the button is unchecked, and the ugly ads are gone.  I may eventually put up some sort of "shopping portal" button that readers can use to help support the blog, but for now, things are back to the way they were before.   Ad free!

No comments: