Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Harp Lager Redesign: What Fresh Hell Is This?

I guess I haven't purchased bottles of Harp lately--on the rare occasions when I drink beer, it's usually when we're out somewhere, and it's available on tap--so it was really jarring to see the new label design.

It's HIDEOUS.  It looks like Budweiser and Zima had a baby.

The first time I tried Harp beer was on my first trip to Ireland in 2007. We visited Dublin, which included the absolutely-essential visit to the Guiness factory.  We also visited Trinity College, where the actual harp is on display.  It was a really special trip, and every time I did have a Harp back home, it instantly brought back wonderful memories of the majestic reading room, and those floor to ceiling shelves filled with old leather-bound books. 


Ugh. This modern packaging is a travesty.

No comments: