Monday, December 21, 2015

Feast of the 7 Fishes Prep Starts Today!


Christmas Eve 2015 marks the 25th "Festa dei Sette Pesci" (Feast of the Seven Fishes) that I will have hosted. Over the next few days, I'll be posting pictures and recipes from years past, along with the menu for this year's celebration.

With just 3 days to go, it's time to start soaking that baccala--get to it!
Salt-cured codfish...pre-soak!
If you've never worked with this stuff,
be prepared--it's very pungent!
Baccala Alla Vesuviana
This is baccala in a spicy tomato sauce. I made it in 2014, and it was terrific.
I used Mario Batili's recipe, which you can find HERE.
Baccala Salad
I made this in 2010. I don't recall which recipe I used,
but THIS ONE from the Food Network is pretty close.
I enjoyed it, but it didn't go over as well as
the Vesuviana did a few years later. 


No comments: