Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Year in Photos: 365project.org

I'm not big on making resolutions, but this is something I've been wanting to try: the 365 Project is a free website where you can upload one photo a day for an entire year, journaling your life through photographs.  I've seen friends do something like this on Facebook or Instagram, and this  year, I'm giving it a go.

I'm not going with any particular theme for this project--just planning to snap one photo a day from now till New Year's Eve 2013. I won't be posting them all here, but every once in a while, if you see a photo crop up randomly, you'll know it was from my 365project album.


This was today's photo.  I was trying to take photos of some of the larger fish in my fish tank, but then the little neon tetras at the bottom caught my eye.  There's a large castle in the center of the tank, and then a much smaller one off to the side.  If you saw the entire tank, you'd know that this is the smaller castle, but it's still quite palatial in tiny neon tetra terms.  I like to think that, as far as the neon tetras are concerned, this is not the poor man's castle--it's just the right size for them.  It's all about keeping things in perspective. 

No comments: