Sunday, March 22, 2009

Father/Daughter Time

Today would have been my Dad's 77th birthday. He's been gone a little over two years now, but I still think of him every single day. I was very lucky to have a great father who showered me and my sisters with lots of love and caring. I feel most fortunate that while he was alive, he gave us the greatest gift of all, which was his time. He was never too busy to help me out with my homework, always gave great advice when I needed it, and was always there for me. I miss him.

I'm also very lucky that my husband is such a good Dad to our daughters. He reminds me of my father so much in that way. Even though work keeps him busy (especially with this awful economy) he always has time for the girls. Later on tonight, he'll be taking his 3 beauties out for dinner and a hockey game--some special Father/Daughter time that I am sure my girls will be very thankful for when they get older.

No comments: