Thursday, August 7, 2008

Work, Play, Read

I thought summertime was a time to relax and slack off. Instead, I find myself busier than ever. I've got two articles due next week, and I've been working on my novel, trying to whip it into shape once and for all.

I've also been making an effort to keep the kids busy with fun activities, as the summer winds down more quickly than any of us expected. How the heck did it get to be August already?

Oh, and in the middle of all of this, I somehow managed to get hooked on the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. After taking my daughter to the debut event last week for the fourth and final book in the series, I picked up the first book to see what all the fuss is about. I finished it in a day and a half, and just plowed through the second one (563 pages) in less than 24 hours. I was planning to wait until my vacation at the end of the month to start the newest release, but at this rate, I'll be done with the series before the weekend is over.

1 comment:

The Chief said...

Just wanted to check in and say hello!

I have been sporadic in my time online lately as I've been a bit busy but, rest assured, I'm reading YakTalk and enjoy hearing what you're up to.

Talk to you soon!