Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thursday Night TV

I must admit, I look forward to Thursdays all week long. It is, by far, my favorite night of television. ABC has turned me into a couch potato by airing three fantastic shows back-to-back.

Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, LOST--a perfect combo of guilty pleasures, all in one night.


I start out by watching Ugly Betty with the kids, and reminisce about my old "glory days" as a magazine editor. The show is kid-friendly, and funny, but with just enough soap opera elements to keep us all addicted. At the moment, we're rooting for Betty to dump Henry and hook up with Gio, the sandwich guy. Can't she see that Henry is just not good enough for her?


At 9pm, the younger two head upstairs for bed, while the high schooler and I tune in to Grey's Anatomy. The show is a little on the racy side, but it gives me an opportunity to open a dialogue with my teenaged daughter about sexual themes. Plus, I still can't believe how hot Patrick Dempsey is, STILL, after all of these years. Talk about great genes.


Then, at 10pm, I get some solitude, and enjoy the brain-teasing puzzle that is LOST. The show has gotten so darn complex, but I love it anyway. Just when you think you've got it figured out, they throw you a curveball. I wish they'd pace the show a little bit faster, because the sheer number of loose ends is getting a bit overwhelming. Still, it's a great way to cap off the night.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

When i was younger, I loved Dempsey in "Can't Buy Me Love" - but I never thought of him as good looking until Grey's Anatomy, after he'd grown into himself.

He and McSteamy make a nice pair on the show. :)