Sunday, March 9, 2008

A promising new cat food: Pet Promise

As I've documented in previous posts, I've been searching for a cruelty-free cat food for my pets--one that doesn't contain by-products or rendered animals or any of that other nasty stuff in traditional pet foods.

I thought the Wellness brand was the one, but unfortunately, Mittens just didn't tolerate it very well.

The good news? I think we FINALLY found a dry food that doesn't upset his stomach. I found Pet Promise at my local Petco, and have been feeding it to the cats for about a week now. THEY LOVE IT. Better yet, neither one of them has gotten sick once. Even better: they've been leaving their old Whiskas food untouched, and only eating the new stuff. So, I dumped the rest of the Whiskas and put them on Pet Promise exclusively. Score one for the good guys!



Now, if I can only find a wet food they'll eat. Pet Promise only makes canned wet food, not pouches, and the cats seem to have some trouble with the texture. Fussy babies...I'll have to keep searching.

In the meantime, at least the dry food situation is settled. Thank goodness!

No comments: